I was nominated by Hugh from Hugh’s Views and News to take part in a freestyle writing challenge. Now this certainly was a huge challenge for me, as I am not a writer! Still I do like to try and push myself to at least have a go at new things so I accepted.It was a damn sight harder than I had anticipated as well!
First I would like to outline the rules before I get to my attempt:
1. Open a blank Document
2. Set a stop watch or your mobile phone timer to 5 or 10 minutes, whichever challenge you prefer.
3. Your topic is at the foot of this post BUT DO NOT SCROLL DOWN TO SEE IT UNTIL YOU ARE READY WITH YOUR TIMER!!!
4. Once you start writing do not stop until the alarm sounds!
5. Do not cheat by going back and correcting spelling and grammar using spell check (it is only meant for you to reflect on your own control of sensible thought flow and for you to reflect on your ability to write with correct spelling and grammar.)
6. You may or may not pay attention to punctuation or capitals.
7. At the end of your post write down ‘No. of words = ____” to give an idea of how much you can write within the time frame.
8. Do not forget to copy paste the entire passage on your blog post with a new topic for your nominees and copy paste these rules with your nomination (at least five (5) bloggers)
I chose the 10 minute challenge as I needed all the time I could get, not being that into science fiction, or for that matter, using my imagination!
If I had to write a script for Dr Who or a Science fction film and had to introduce a monster, I think it would have to be something that incorporated a few of the things that turn my stomach. It would wcertainly slither along the ground leaving a trail of green mucous behind it. The creature would be around waist height. Purple in colour with yellow and red boils over its entire surface.
Some of the boils would have burst leaving trails of pus and a gaping, raw crater. The sulphurous stench of the ‘Snotbot’ would announce its arrive long before it slimed into view. This would help in stunning the victim, rendering them disoriented. The Snotbot would then slide up shooting pus and snot out of every boil at the unsuspecting victim before finally smothering them to death with their jelly-like bodies.
Their prey would be mainly the unwashed! Anyone whose personal hygiene was questionalble would be a target for the Snotbot. Kids that forgot to wash behind their ears, men that scratch their arses and then sniff their fingers would also be fair game!
Well there you have it typos and all!
I would like to nominate the following 5 blogs to participate, should they feel like it (you are under no obligation):
When you have the document and the timer ready to go, scroll down to see your subject…
You are meeting up with a fellow blogger who wants you to show them around your home town. Where do you take them and what do you do?