I am thrilled and flattered to have been nominated for a Liebster award, by Wendy of the Rock. As a fairly new blogger, it came as a lovely surprise and i am very proud to accept.. Wendy herself was nominated by Mary-Anne of Breathing Life. All three of us set out on the NaBloPoMo journey together, and have supported each other throughout the month, commenting on each other’s posts and sharing ideas. I am particularly proud to be in the good company of these two intelligent, funny and clever ladies, and pleased that we have crossed paths.
I have gleaned from various sources (Google being the winner) certain rules associated with the Liebster Award, and although they do differ slightly, the main points that I am going with are these:
1: Acknowledge and accept the Liebster Award by leaving a comment on the blog where you were nominated.
2: Copy and paste the Liebster logo onto your own blog.
3: Link back to the blogger who awarded you.
4: Answer the 11 questions put to you by the person who nominated you.
5: List 11 random facts about yourself.
6: Nominate and link to 3—11 other blogs you enjoy that have less than 3000 followers
7: List 11 questions for your Liebster Award nominees on your blog.
8: Inform your nominees by leaving a comment on their blog.
So here are the 11 questions I was asked:
Why did you start to blog?
My sister suggested it actually. She has mentioned many times that she thinks I have a way with words and can tell a good story. I was reluctant to do it as I am not a writer, and had only previously written poems (or ditties) for families on special occasions, However, one day I sat down and typed, loved it, and have become a little addicted to it !!
How did you decide upon your blog’s name?
Well I wanted to be anonymous, as I didn’t know what to expect, and I’m quite a shy person really so I used Edwina which is my middle name. I wanted something to go with it, that I liked the sound of, and would describe little snippets of my life, so I chose Episodes; it not only suggests a sequence of events, but regular instalments, which is what I wanted to convey.
What other talent/s do you have apart from blogging?
God, this is a tricky question as most things I have a go at fail miserably: The only thing I can think of is the poems!
Which three words best describe you?
Where is your happy place?
By the sea somewhere, preferably on the beach with a load of my family, and a huge picnic! Chilling out, swimming, having a laugh, running around.
What movies have you watched over and over?
I am pretty rubbish with Movies, as I tend to nod off halfway through! I do love ‘Grease’ though, I’ve seen it so many times, singing along to all the songs. It just cheers me up and lifts my mood.
Who is your favourite fictional character? Why?
I think it is Bridget Jones. It is so refreshing to have a clumsy, awkward, chunky, gauche character being the heroine for once! Someone who I can definitely identify with!
What would you tell your 10-year-old self?
This really is a cliche,but to make the most of the opportunities given to me at school, as it is so much easier getting it right first time around!
If you could meet anyone, dead or alive, who would you choose? Why?
It has to be Florence Nightingale! I would love to have a chat with her about how nursing has changed so much over the years, and to get her thoughts on how she perceives modern nursing to be.
What is your most cherished possession?
My wedding rings! For what they symbolise, and what they mean to me.
Who inspires you?
I am inspired by so many people, those living in appalling conditions, those living with serious illness/disease but still keep positive, people that go out of their way to help others,inventors, artists, writers,crafters, triers,and entertainers to name but a few!
11 Random Facts About me!
- I have funny toes! The shape of my foot is pointed at the front due to this, and I sometimes have a job finding shoes that fit properly.
- I am terrified of heights. I hate even standing on chairs!
- I HATE driving. To me it is a means to an end, and that is it! I’m pleased I passed my test finally, but now I have, I have discovered that I don’t like it!
- I am a real early bird! I can’t seem to stop myself getting up between 5 and 6am!
- I love 1950’s style dresses, They are so beautiful and flattering, as well as being feminine and girly.
- Yellow roses are my favourite flowers, especially if they are scented. Gorgeous.
- I can’t sing a note but I love karaoke, especially when it is just family who have to endure my croaking!
- I love my goggly-eyed fish! They are very pretty, and it cheers me up seeing them swimming about in their fish tank.
- I love walking along the beach when there is a brisk wind, invigorating!
- I am a useless dancer! I have 2 left feet (as well as the funny toes)!
- My birthday is on the same day as my sister (she is 2 years younger).
Now this is the bit where I nominate some blogs that I enjoy. Although I have only been blogging for 2 months, I do have a few favourites already (Most are listed on my blog). However, It has been very difficult nominating due to the fact that some have only recently been nominated themselves, some have way too many followers. and others would not want to participate. The following blogs are some of the ones that have made an impact on me in one way or another:
Heels and A Toolbox
Rachel Being Chatty
Fourth Generation Farmgirl
These Are Your 11 Questions:
- Why did you start blogging?
- When do you produce your best work?
- Name something that annoys you
- What makes you happy?
- If you could live in a different era, which one would you choose and why?
- What is your biggest regret?
- What other talents do you have?
- What is your biggest achievement?
- Sunshine or snow?
- What is your biggest vice?
- What song sums you up?
Thanks again Wendy!